It’s the holidays and that means two things at Life After Coffee… 1) I have some fun posting gift ideas, and 2) I get a little lazy about blogging and do a lot of sniping from other people’s blogs. Today it’s yet another great product that Dee pointed out:
It’s almost November, and that means it’s time to start thinking about holiday shopping! OK, I know holiday shopping can be stressful and I think it’s nothing short of stupid how people swarm to the mall on the day after Thanksgiving, but it should be fun and shopping online definitely helps!
Yup, the Hillary Clinton Nutcracker. It’s only a shame there aren’t more products like this for our presidential candidates, but I guess we’ll have to take what we can get.
With Christmas shopping season in full swing I figured I’d throw out a few suggestions for other people’s holiday shopping while successfully procrastinating doing my own. So here they are, in no particular order, your Christmas, Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Kwanza, Decemberween, New Year or Yak Shaving Day shopping suggestions from Life After Coffee:
- USB Missile Launcher – While this list is in no particular order, this little piece of office ballistics is my top pick. Check out my review of it and don’t miss the other cool stuff at KlearGear.com
- Pink Flamingos – Now possibly endangered this may be the last year you can get these little plastic beauties. I know there are a couple under my tree (actually in it right now.)
- An Electric Chicken Cup – This rare gem may have to be a do-it-yourself, but I bet no one on your list has one!
- Kopi Luwak Coffee Gift Boxes – Fantastic coffee and a great gift box. Probably the most unique coffee related gift available.
- AeroPress Coffee Maker – A great coffee and espresso maker. Perfect for small batches and single cups. Check out my review.
- Easy Linux Commands – Okay, so this is a shameless plug for my book, but since it just came out it’s unlikely anyone on your list already has it.
Most of all, have a fun, happy and safe holiday season!
Last year I was proud to introduce MasterWish.com, a website which allows users to build wish lists of things they want not just from one site, but from any site on the web or even off the web. Matt Batchelder, Zach Tirrell and I started working on this project over a year ago now and we’ve learned a lot in that time, but rather than look back I like to look forward to the year to come.
Here are a few things we are hoping to pay some attention to in the upcoming year to make MasterWish even more useful to you:
- Shared wish lists for weddings, anniversaries, etc.
- Interface improvements for greater consistency between pages
- Improvements to the bookmarklet
- More currencies
As in the past year, user feedback will continue to guide our development efforts so use it, love it, and let us know what we can do to make you love it even more!
Don’t have a MasterWish Account yet? Sign up now! It’s free, easy and fun!
Introducing MasterWish.com, a new kind of wish-list!
MasterWish is a wish list site with a whole lot more. Items on MasterWish can be from anywhere. Make up your birthday list with items from your favorite online vendors, but don’t stop there… You want things that may not come from online vendors. How about that nice lilac you saw at the garden center? Or that circular saw from the hardware store? Add those too! You can list items from anywhere and enter a web URL, a description of where to find it, or both!
Once you have a bunch of items you can organize them into lists. I have lists for music, videos, kitchen toys, and more, but the great thing is items can belong to more than one list. My birthday is coming up so I created a birthday list and added items from all my categories to it. It’s that easy.
The other big difference with MasterWish is you can control who sees your wish lists. You can create a wish list of what you want from friends and one for family and control who can see them.
There is much more to MasterWish than I have mentioned here, but the best way to learn more is to sign up for an account! It’s free (and will always be free) and I think it’s pretty cool.
MasterWish is still in beta, so we’re still working on improving and streamlining the site. If you have any suggestions please leave them at the Bugs & Suggestions link. We’ll do our best to implement everyone’s suggestions.
I hope you enjoy the site, Make lots of suggestions, and get everything you wish for.