For those of you who come here for the funny videos it’s been a good couple weeks. Here’s another hilarious one from Don Burleson. It’s a training film on sexual harassment.
Want to tell someone exactly how you feel? Send them a lame-o-gram from YouAreLame.com!
With clever use of wildcard DNS and probably a nice Apache rewrite rule YouAreLame.com lets you add any subdomain to their URL and will render a simple, yet clear message customized for the appropriate party.
Go ahead, try it. All you have to do is go to http://firstname.lastname.youarelame.com/. They provide the insults and the music.
Thanks to Don Burleson for sending this on to me.
Update: As noted in a comment below, this site doesn’t seem to be working right now. It’s a shame really…
- I have posted 236 stories (this is number 236)
- This site has been on the news in Chicago
- I have received countless positive comments (thanks everyone)
- The Caffeine WordPress Theme has been released and adopted by several sites
- Life After Coffee has been at the middle of the “My Cubicle” song parody which has gained much popularity online
- Life After Coffee has achieved a Technorati Rank of 10,317
- This site has received just shy of 1,000,000 hits!
Here are the five most popular stories from the past year:
- My Cubicle – Song Lyrics
- The Straight Poop on Kopi Luwak Coffee
- Oracle, SQL, Dates and Timestamps
- Performing Math on Oracle Dates
- How to Create Auto Increment Columns in Oracle
But some of my favorite stories don’t rank in the top 5. Here’s a few of my favorite stories from year 1:
- Giant Drinking Birds
- Why Learn English
- World’s Ugliest Dog – Celebrity Counterparts
- World’s Biggest Jacob’s Ladder
- Why does Google Have a Calculator
So thanks to everyone for reading! I’m thrilled to have helped a few folks find the answers they were looking for. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed my rants and ramblings and believe me, there’s more to come.
Pug + Toy Bowling Pins + Hardwood Floor + Can of Pledge = Fun
Carla points out this great video of pug bowling. It starts off a bit slow; in fact you can skip the first 40 seconds.
Perhaps the funniest part is the end which explains that Samson (the pug in question) learned that if he knocks over all the pins he gets a treat. He now knocks them over as soon as they’re set up.